Wednesday, November 28, 2012

‘Tacticool’ Review - Nerf N-Strike Flip Clip

(Link) Hey Squaddies, I apologise for my long departure between posts. Things have been popping up in my personal life, distracting me (I have other interests, you know :P) but since it’s coming up towards Christmas, time for S.O.F.T. to get back on track with regular posting. :D We needed some time to rest from our big debut, you know. :P
Since Alex has potentially huge work commitments coming up, I’ll be trying my best to give you, our loyal readers, all the Nerfy goodness we can provide. As a warm-up review (since I haven’t done one in a while) and Alex recently had a ‘Tacticool’ Review on the SlyDev products, I thought I could give my own thoughts on an official Nerf ‘add-on’, the humble Flip Clip.


The Flip Clip is Nerf’s official attempt at an ‘extendable magazine’ similar to what you can find in the Call of Duty games. The premise is simple, have two clips connected to each other at the bottom via the clip connector provided, as a way of fast reloading.
The contents in the pack are quite generous, for what you get.  In the pack, you get two traditional N-Strike 6-dart clips, the Clip Connector, and 30 traditional orange Streamline darts. I was quite pleased, considering a 16-dart refill pack costs about $5, and this set me back $20 bucks.









Operation is simple: As soon as you are done with a clip, unload it, and ‘flip’ it over to the new one (either horizontally or vertically 180 degrees), allowing for easy access and fast-reloading.





I’m pleased to say, this Clip Connector works with any of the traditional N-Strike clips (6 or 18) allowing for some customization. However, the connector will not work with the new Elite clips, due to a re-designed bottom area (thanks to our friends from Adult Fans of Nerf for confirming this) It works, but it has a couple of problems, in my honest opinion.









When the clips are connected, they do have a tendency to rattle around a little in their holds. Also, they can knocked out easily from the connector, and darts can slip out if you accidently rub the bottom of the F.C (which is the opening of the bottom clip.) It’s a bit impractical, and can be difference in a war when you need your equipment to be 100% reliable. And it just looks silly with two 18-clips, imagine running with THAT in a war. :P Stun your opponents with this configuration? It might just work. :P



I can recommend this ‘upgrade’ to those participating in casual/small scale wars with friends, but with full scale battles such as HvZ, I can’t recommend it, due to it’s potential to malfunction (i.e, knocking the bottom clip off) so I’ll give this product 6 darts/10 darts. However, it makes for some nice eye-candy and allows for some ‘flipping’ fun. :P






I hope that tides you guys over for a little while, since Christmas is coming up soon and we have a few major events coming up. I’ll release a video post relating to current Nerf Elite news (Our 1st news segment!) sometime next week, and please enter S.O.F.T.’s 1st Christmas Giveaway, where giving away a BNIB (Brand new in box) Australian Stockade.
Mr.1835Link OUT!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment